Starter Help for Divecal Blog
Our Divers and Visitors - Join the Blog and post about your experiences and time here. Upload your favourite Pics and short Videos for us all to share! See ‘Register’ below.
Prospective Visitors – Join and Post any questions you have about coming here. They will be answered for all to see.
Register. Click ‘Register’ in the left side-bar. Enter the details and you will be sent an email with a Password and a Link to click to activate your login. (If it does not arrive in a few minutes check your Junk/Spam folder.) You can change the password by clicking ‘Your Profile’ under ‘Users’ in the Dashboard when you log in.
To insert one or more pics click on the first icon “Add an Image” in the top row labelled “Upload/Insert.” You can then browse your computer to find the image(s) to upload. When they have uploaded chose “Show,” click the size you want and then “Insert Image” – and ir’s done!
Select ‘Preview’ first if you want to see what it looks like! Get back to your Post by clicking ‘Edit’ just underneath it, or go to a new destination by clicking on an option in Control Panel in the left menu bar.
Special Help - go to the ‘Online Now’ page where you can message John or me on Yahoo or use Skype. You can also use the Blog private message system in ‘Users’ in the Dashboard Menu.
- Posts – Edit. Shows you all posts. If you select a Category (mid right) then you will just see posts on that topic. If you hover your cusror on the Post’s name you will see a menu which says either ‘View’ or ’ Edit’/'Delete’ etc if it is your post. You can also add a comment – see below.
- Posts – Add New Here you create a fresh page ready for your new post, See above.
- Media – Library Shows previously uploaded Media. Eg. Pics, Videos, Sound etc.
- Media- Add New Here you can add some stuff of your own.
- Interactive Videos Are Browsed or Added to by clicking the Red icon on the right just above your posts in the Upload/Insert line. Sometimes the Upload function is more reliable than the one above. It also has imple, but nifty, editing facilities.
- Pages Used by the Administrators for system info pages, shown on the Site Top Bar.
Comments Displays all comments. Also when you go to a post by selecting View or Edit from the menu that appears when you hover your cursor over it’s name you can add a comment about that post in the ‘Reply To’ box under the post. You can open this box by clicking on the Comments tag above, which says how many comments there are.
- Profile Lets you edit your Profile including your password.
- Formatting The row of icons just above your post give you a range of editing and other options. If you click ‘Kitchen Sink’ you get another row of them. Hovering your cursor over an Icon tells you what it does.
- Adding Media To add media like Pics, Video etc when you are posting, click on one of the icons in the bar. Upload/Insert line above your post.
- Visit Site This is on the Black Bar at the top of the page, left. Return to Dashboard by clicking ‘Dashboard’ under the ‘Control Panel’ heading on the right bar, or ‘Edit’ just above the post if it is yours.
- Top Drop Down Menu. On the Black bar, at the top right, is a drop-down menu initially labelled ‘New Post.’ This is a good shortcut to the basic posting options.
- YouTube etc. If you post in YouTube, other Blogs etc.you can display these in your Posts here. See the Site Info page.